Pretty in Pink Lips



Oh it's selfie central for this post. Oopsie! 
For my top five pink lipsticks I have tried to choose the best range from my collection. All of these are tried and tested; ranging from matte to frost, and from high end to high street there really is something for everyone!

Beginning on the left is the Bourjois Colour Boost in Peach on the Beach; the most beautiful coral ever! The formulation is so creamy but just pigmented enough to provide the perfect amount of colour to suit any spring outfit. Next is Topshop's Pillow Talk originally this was purchased as part of a limited seasonal collection but due to it's popularity has been added to the main collection in their more standard packaging. It comes off as a very solid block of creamy pink so quite often I will blot this down to something more subtle and wearable. The most beautiful packaging award goes to number three YSL Rouge Volupte in Number 13 this one is more of coral/pink mix with a solid-creamy texture similar to the Topshop but a whole lot more luxury! If you fancy treating yourself, this is the one I would recommend... just cannot stop staring at it! The Dior Addict in 253 Basic is essentially just a very pale shimmer, giving more of an airbrushed effect than providing an real colour pay off. I prefer this paired with nothing but a bit of brown mascara and a flowery dress or over the top of a matte lipstick to create something entirely new. Finally the newest is Revlon's Colour Burst Lacquer Balm in 105 Demure normally when I'm browsing a new line I'll head straight for the brightest shades that I can find but on this particular day I must have been feeling alot more reserved and went for the lighest shade of pink there! This chubby stick has a very frosty finish which I know is very marmite. Personally I really do like the way this shade looks... almost a slightly more pigmented version of the Dior. It feels nice on the lips and has a fun minty smell which you wouldn't normally expect (definitely another marmite thing.)

These are my favourites, what are yours? 

xoxo Hannah


0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author