My Jewellery box

Hello all! So, I've actually managed to get around to posting something hurrahhh! I've been so busy recently so I really haven't found the time (no excuse I know- bad blogger), so my apologies dear ones.

I saw a 'My Jewellery box' post whilst browsing some other blogs and my initial impression wasn't so great, but after have a good look at the post I found myself really enjoying it! It's such a lovely insight into someone's life; so often pieces of jewellery have a bit of a story behind them. Therefore I decided to blog about my own jewellery box. I picked out a few of my favourites, some because they have a little bit of a background to them and others just because I like them. So without further adieu, here they are:






I got this as a gift years ago from my one of my Grandpa’s many exotic holidays and as much as I loved it I never found anything to wear it with. I rediscovered it the other day and imediately had inspiration. I love the insainly bright pink and the slightly African style, it goes great over my black lace top.  I actually have no idea which country it came from as he seems to go on holiday 10248203 times a year (oh the joys of retirement- is it bad I want to be retired now?), I shall have to ask. All the same, its great and so is my Grandpa.
...




The ring with the little gold heart is something I wear every single day; it’s so simple and has a little bit of meaning to it. Before I moved away from home, my lovely Hope (who I've been best friends with since I was 2) and I decided we wanted a little something that is just ours. Thus ending up with this lovely gem of a ring. I’m so used to wearing it that if I forget to put it on one day I feel completely lost without it, just as I would without Hope (sorry, cheesy moment finito).
The larger ring underneath was a present to myself (I hardly ever do this you see.... ahem). I bought my self this ring because it’s really really pretty. That is about it really. I wear it quite a lot, but it gets in the way when sewing sometimes so not every day. It's great to have as a little something extra to a nice outfit.
...



 My lovely God-mother, Ed (actually Elizabeth- don’t ask), has this absolutely stunning pearl necklace which I have always been completely in love with. A few Christmas’ ago I opened my present and to my extream joy to find she’d found me a similar one of my own. I simply love it and almost always get complimeted on it when I wear it. It is most definetly one of my all time favorite pieces of jewlery; I can use it to dress an every day jumper up a little for a slightly less ‘I just got out of bed and put on the first thing I saw’ look or to complete a outfit fit for a queen (okay, maybe more a nice dinner somewhere, but you get my jist). Isn’t my God-mother simply wonderful.
...





These are my lovely friend Janakis earings, which I borrowed a few Saturdays ago and she is never having them back. End of.
...




This lovely little gold locket was given to me at my christening and a similar one to my sister also. They were so nice they were put away safe for years until one day my mum accidentally came across them- pretty good find if I say so my self. The chain is actually for a child and I know the 90’s is coming back into fashion but chokers just aren’t my thing… so I’ve used a piece of white thread just to legthen it at the back (much cheaper than buying a new chain- genius, I know).
...




I think this necklace is one of my all time favourites. When I was 12 I overhead my Dad having a conversation with a work colleague about a business trip to India. Jokingly I asked if I could go with him, and well it turned out I actually could (FYI it was amazing). So this necklace was something that was bought for me as a gift from my lovely Father and it is something I have treasured ever since. I just absolutely adore it.
...




This is one of the many entirely gorgeous things my sister has given me. She has the best taste in presents! She gave me this for Christmas and it actually brought tears to my eyes, especially because I was away from home for Christmas. Each little leaf on the tree has the first initial of my two siblings and me. It’s such a simple idea, but such a good one. Keep this is mind for presents for family, it’s so lovely and touching. 
 ...





The Citizen watch to the left I have had for around four years now and I adore it. I love the effect of the dark face with the silver, they compliment each other so nicely. It is the perfect everyday watch and I hope I have it for years to come. 
The watch to the right is quite a recent purchase of mine. I'd been eyeing up Olivia Burton watches for a while and this one had caught my eye every time. I couldn't really afford it but in a moment of weakness (I was ill okay, don't judge) I bought it and I've never looked back. I've always liked the oversized watch style but admittedly I think it can sometimes look a little like a child wearing their Dad's watch. I loved this one because it wasn't too big, plus the shade of gold they used is just gorgeous. 
...




This last one has no picture (for reasons you'll see in a second) but I felt like I had to include it in this post, it just felt wrong not too. 

It was my 18th birthday present from my absolutely amazing group of friends from back home. It’s a gorgeous locket which has a tiny map of Derby on the inside, so I ‘always have home close to my heart’. I simply love it to bits, so when the actual locket fell off on Bondi beach I was completely distraught. I looked for a good hours and could not find it anywhere. I’m still so sad about that now… and I still haven’t told my friends so erm, yeah now you know guys (sorrysorrysorry- sad Becca). 
...


Basically, whilst writing this post I’ve come to the conclusion that if I had to run out of my burning house and could only pick one of these items, well I’d just have to burn because I could never choose between them. This isn't even all of them; I'd really be in trouble. Well, I'll just have to hope my house never burns down then...


Anyway, enough of me talking! What's your favourite piece of jewellery?


Becca x



0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author