Liebster Award

We are absolutely thrilled to have been nominated by Elizabeth who runs a lovely little beauty blog (see what we did there) for a Liebster Award! So be sure to head over and check it out after reading this as we would be nominating her also had she not already been! So without any further ado, on to the questions!




1. What's one beauty product you can't live without?

Emma

My Aveda tinted moisturiser! It's so light and easy to apply and with summer coming up the SPF15 element is a lifesaver. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing any make up and it's been in my beauty bag for a couple of years now. Still in love!

Becca

At the moment I've actually really cut back on my make-up and beauty products as my skin was not being very nice to me, which has really helped actually. Something I have been using religiously is a cleanser and toner set from Exuviance. It's so fresh and lovely to use, I just love it. It is pretty pricey but it is so worth it.

Hannah

The Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner. This beauty is foolproof! Perfect cat flicks everytime and lasts so long unlike other brands which dry out pretty quick.

2. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Emma 

To fly, without a doubt. The idea of being able to go anywhere any time just by launching myself in to the air is so appealing. I have the wanderlust gene in my family so being able to fly myself anywhere I wanted to go would be so convenient. I'd also want fairy wings in that deal please.

Hannah

Invisibility! Who doesn't want to be able to secretly have a little snoop around without anyone being able to see you? Just being a fly on the wall for all the important things going on in the world at the moment, and maybe the occassional celebrity stalk; only human after all!


Becca

TELEPORTATION. That is without question. Living here in a tiny town in Sweden, as lovely and beautiful as it is, means I do rather a lot of traveling. Getting to my families place in Linköping can be quite a trawl, not to mention getting to England...especially when you lost your passport in Australia (biggest idiot award goes to?) and I'm now waiting for my new one which is taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r.
Although, most importantly I'd just love to be able to get to any of my friends or family wherever they are. Wouldn't that just be great?  

3. What is your favourite brand of make up?

Emma 

It depends on what product to be honest, but the brand that I like to save up for and splurge on is Dior. My drugstore go-to brand is Maybelline. Their baby lips lip balm and falsies mascara have to be the best things ever!

Becca

I'd have to agree with Emma here, it completely depends on what I am buying. Although, I do have a bit of a spending problem when it comes to make-up. I somehow always persuade myself that it is totally worth it and it would be idiotic not to buy it. I think I'd have to say my favourite has to be NARS, I'm never disappointed with any of their products, especially their lipsticks. 


Hannah

I am a total nail junkie so my favourite is probably Essie! Can't resist such a beautiful array of colours all stacked neatly on the stand, with good quality formulas aswell. 

4. If you could visit any time period, what would it be and why?

Hannah

The 1920s in America. I love the glitz and fashion of the flapper girls, the excitement of a changing world! Chicago and The Great Gatsby are my favourite examples. Fast-paced, glamour, the risk of the speak easies! The perfect escape!


Becca

Okay, this is a hard one. My first thought was sometime in the far future but then I realised that could be very depressing if we have no planet, living on the moon and only have potato sacks for clothes... or something of that sort. So I'd like to pick the 1920's as well (sorry Hannah). The Great Gatsby is my all time favourite book and the clothes of the 1920's were just exquisite- plus the style suits me quite well.  


Emma 

Ancient Greece without a doubt! (no surprise there) I love this time period and the mythology is so fascinating I have so many books on it. I'm always harassing my friends with facts about Greek Mythology, they have to tell me to shut up every now and then haha! As proof, my dad has just texted me a picture of an Achilles statue...

5. What is your biggest addiction?

Becca

Well last week it was the tv series Heroes. I watched the almost the entire first season whilst sewing my skirt... not ashamed, it was really good okay. But usually it's probably music. If I have the chance to put music on, I will. I just love to set the mood and have something playing away in the background. 


Emma

Old movies! Mainly 80s films by John Hughes. The Breakfast Club, Say Anything, Sixteen Candles and Secret Admirer are my favourites. My absolute favourite is Dirty Dancing but that leads into another obsession of mine which is dancing. 


Hannah

Bold lipsticks! My quest for the perfect red is still ongoing and on the way I'm picking up every fuschia and coral ever created. Why go nude when you can go bold? Stand out from the crowd and turn those heads! Hmmm I think this needs a blog post...

6. What is your favourite TV show?

Hannah

I am soon to become a student nurse and so I am obsessed with anything medical! 24 Hours In A&E, One Born Every Minute, Junior Paramedics and Student Nurses... I'm pretty sure I've learnt enough from those to earn my degree already! 


Emma

Wait, I have to pick one? I'm not sure I can! I love the Musketeers on BBC at the moment, and I've just finished season 3 of Teen Wolf which was amazing as well! But my all time favourite is 90210. My mum watched this when she was pregnant with me so I was born into the show really (we joke about this all the time haha) and when it started back up a few years ago I was hooked. Also shout out to Sherlock and The White Queen as well! Someone take the keyboard away before I list every TV show ever made...

Becca

This changes pretty much weekly. As I said, last week it was Heroes and well I've not really had the time to watch anything this week so Heroes wins I guess. I'm a sucker for anything with a dramatic or funny story line, as cheesy or over-the-top as it is. So, the likes of Vikings, Sherlock, How I met your mother, 90210. I could go on... 

7. What is your most embarrassing moment?

Hannah

I cannot even single one time out! I am such a clutz that I pretty much embarass myself on a daily basis...


Becca

Oh goodness... erm. Well there are a fair few. Okay, got it. I used to teach skiing at a dry ski slope when I was living in England and I came to work one day fairly hungover. Basically it ended in 'BECCA MOVE' and then me in a small heap on the ground being squashed by a rather large man from the class on the other side of the slope who'd lost control. Lets just say I never came to work hungover again. 


Emma

Me. A Mechanical Bull in Portugal. Ahem, I will say no more. (Most hilarious moment of my entire summer... From Becca)

8. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

Emma 

I actually really like the name Emma. I don't like how popular it is though! I feel like everyone is called Emma nowadays haha. I really like the name Ava though, so I would change it to that if I did change my name.

Becca

I like my name. It's really diverse; I can be called Becca, Bex, Becky, Rebecca, B, Bec, and so on. So basically I wouldn't, although when I was a kid I really wanted to be called Jessica. I have absolutely no idea why, I guess I just liked the name.


Hannah

I always wanted to be called Aurora, like from Sleeping Beuty. I was obsessed with that film when I was younger and always thought I looked exactly like her... Maybe not, but it didn't stop me from dreaming! 

9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

Becca

Hopefully running or at least part of some sort of textiles based business. I have a little dream of having a chain of small cute and personal shops. Although the most prominent thing for me is children. That is something I've always known I want, maybe in 10 years time or so I'll have a little family of mine own (excuse the cheesiness)  


Emma

Doing what I love with someone I love. Simple as! 


Hannah

Working as a Children's Nurse in one of the big children's hospitals.

10.  Would you rather be famous or be the best friend of someone famous?

Hannah

The best friend! Sharing all the perks without having my life splashed all over the tabloids! Even those famous for good deeds are not safe these days!


Becca

Depends what I'm famous for really. If it's something that actually contributes to society in a positive way then sure, I'll be famous. But if it's for having a boob job the size of Antarctica then noooo thank you. Also, as long as the paps leave me alone, I'm not up for all the invasion of privacy. 


Emma

I don't have any desire to be massively famous because I like my privacy and I would never want it invaded. The only part of fame that appeals to me is inspiring and helping others with the fame you have. I would be the best friend of someone famous because I would enjoy helping them stay grounded. A bit of slap every time they used the phrase 'do you even know who I am?' Hate that phrase with a passion!

11. What is your earliest memory?

Emma 

Probably when my parents took me to Florida before my brother was born. I was apparently a very cute child and a lady gave me a cookie and milkshake as a treat - so sweet! But my dad ate half my cookie and I cried because the milkshake gave me brain freeze, oops. But it was the loveliest gesture ever and for that I will always love that lady and the food and of course Florida!

Hannah

It's only a short one but I vividly remember being around 4 and watching the Disney parade sitting on my Dad's shoulders at Disneyland Paris.

Becca

When I was two I vaguely remember being at my Grandpa's house in Oxford, in the back room where my Granny was sleeping because she was very ill. All I remember is a seemingly huge bed (because I was so teenytiny) and someone feeding my Granny. This is my last and only memory of her and as its the only one I have I cherish it.  I was told once that you cannot recall anything from before you're 4, which is a load of crap because this is definitely a memory of mine. 


The blogs we are nominating for the Liebster Award are:


Our questions for these lovely people are:

1. What is the trend in fashion you are loving the most so far this year?
2. Lipstick or Lipgloss?
3. If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
4. What's you favourite part of blogging?
5. Who is your idol?
6. What are you most looking forward to this year?
7. Do you prefer your skirts micro or maxi?
8. If you could make one wish right now, what would it be?
9. Tell us your most interesting fact about yourself.
10. If you could put your thoughts on fashion into one sentence, what would it be?

Have fun answering!

Please be sure to check out all the bloggers mentioned in this post and we look forward to seeing your replying posts!

The BE Beautiful girls xxx


0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author