Sweet Treats





New Season means new nails! I am a serious polish addict so couldn't wait to change up my usual winter mauves with some pretty pastels. My go-to polish is always Leighton Denny in Lollipop - first recommended to me by a manicurist when I was suffering from a serious case of too-much-choice. Safe to say this was quickly purchased on the way out. It's higher price tag has easily been justified by it's versatility on both fingers and toes, and it's impressive staying power and formulation. The riskier pick is Ciate in Big Yellow Taxi - normally one for a wild day but as with all Ciate polishes it has cute dressing table-worthy bottle and dries very quickly. Cheap as chips Models Own in Blooboo - I bought this as the perfect shy blue for some nail art experimentation but I find it equally beautiful by itself, becoming opaque in 2-3 coats. When I'm feeling especially impatient I reach for Rimmel PRO in Ultra Violet - the colour does remind me of Parma Violets (anyone remember those?) but it seriously is a good polish! This whole range has amazing opaque-on-first-coat colours with a massive brush so your whole mani can be done in ten strokes; and has definitely been known to live up to it's 10 day wear claims. Finally a springtime list cannot be complete without a pink. After much deliberation (I own many many pinks in very similar colours) I have selected Ciate in Cutie Pie - the palest pink of all time I think. This gives a beautiful natural look to the nails, perfect for keeping you look crisp and fresh as a daisy! Don't aim for fully opaque colour but instead think of it as the next step up from a clear gloss. Pair with white dresses and sandals whilst you laze around at the park soaking up the sun. If that image doesn't get you excited for the coming months I don't know what will!

xoxo Hannah

Follow our blog on Bloglovin!

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author