Top 10 Books In My Life

I thought I'd do something a little different this week and tell you guys about my favourite (fiction) books. I wouldn't call myself a book worm but I have read my fair share of books over the years. Summer is when I read the most as you can't beat sitting out in your garden or on a beach reading a good book. Absolute bliss!

They're not in any particular order as I would be here another few weeks before I'd decided! Some of the books have either been borrowed off of friends or I've downloaded them instead of buying the book, so that's why some won't be featured in the picture for this post!

I may follow up this post with my non fiction favourite books which are all fashion and scrapbooks and much more!



1. Girl, Interrupted

This is so intriguing. I feel like I'm inside the mind of the narrator because the way it's written is similar to how you process your thoughts. It can be quite random in places but it's genius. Some of the stories about what happens are absolutely brilliant. For instance, when Lisa covers the lounge in toilet paper, it's gold! The way she goes about scheming it is so weird but so great haha.

2. The Spectacular Now

I'm re-reading this at the moment. It's a marmite book - you either love it or hate it. I think it's mainly because the ending you want doesn't actually happen and instead you have to face the fact that although it's a work of fiction, you're getting the most real ending out there. I personally love it, it's full of comedy and beautiful romantic moments although as it's from a boys view you're practically screaming at him that he actually likes the girl!

3. Starcrossed

Based on Greek Myth (I was there already). It's a fiction of demi-gods and the main reason I love this book is the way you get hooked on all the different love stories going on! This is the first book in the trilogy but there are introductions to new love interests in the final one as well. Josephine Angelini is queen of all romance. You heard it here first.

4. Wuthering Heights

I love dark novels and Wuthering Heights is my all time favourite classic. It's a really different take on telling a story with the housekeeper Nelly relaying what parts of the story she recalls of the relationship between Heathcliff and Catherine. I'd take this love story over Pride and Prejudice any day. The heights of love and hate this couple goes through is wonderful. They make each other feel so strongly and passionately.

5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

If you don't cry at the end of this you don't have a heart. Charlie is the most adorable and amazing character. I remember reading this at the end of exams and I finished it in a day it was that good! Charlie writes letters to an anonymous person about his life and struggles. It's a really heartfelt book and the twist at the end shocked me and broke my heart a little bit.

6. The Help

Although most of you watched the film, the book is better! Cliché I know, but it's true. It will make you laugh and cry. It's really lovely that although it's quite a sad story in places, there's the comedy to lift the mood almost instantly. Gotta love a bit of sass!

7. Gone Girl

READ THIS BOOK. It's so incredibly dark and devious and everything you want a mystery novel to be. The twists are insane. The ending gave me goosebumps and as heartless as I am, I smiled when I'd finished it. It couldn't have turned out better. You have to stay with it at the beginning as it does take a while to get interesting but it's worth the wait! Also, my mum has leant this to her friend without my permission and we still haven't got it back after a year. Not a happy bunny about this!

8. Jamaica Inn

This was recently on TV as a three part series on BBC. I loved it! I remembered half way through watching it that I'd actually read the book a couple of years back, so I located it on my iPad and flipped through it again. I don't think I'll ever love a character more than Jem Merlyn. Especially now I've seen Matthew McNulty portray him! No it has absolutely nothing to do with how gorgeous he is. Absolutely nothing...ahem.

9. The Fault in Our Stars

I remember finishing this book in my living room whilst my dad and brother were watching tv, and I was trying so hard not to bawl my eyes out in front of them! Apparently my face was hilarious and they couldn't stop laughing once I gave in and burst into tears! I was half crying, half laughing for most of the night haha. It's one of those books that has so many beautiful moments you could quote it for hours.

10. The Silver Linings Playbook

I watched the film before I read the book of this, and the film blew me away. To be honest I didn't think the book was much better than the film, they were both on a par. I've never been so angry about the way people in the book treated Pat. Some people were absolutely terrified of him and it really got to me. Especially as he's just trying to be nice. I get too attached sometimes.

What are your favourite books? Do you agree with my choices?

Emma x


0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author